Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 14, Day 9 "If Your Happy & You Know it Clap..."

Your Hands....Pat your Head, Tap your Toes, Wave you Arms, Touch you noise....!!
My Rendition of a classic that I taught the kids putting of course my own spin on this old favorite! LOL

Having a great time and day here in good old Kontum, Vietnam. Things are looking much brighter ever since my 48 hour stent with food poisnoning! As we know that after something like this happens, there is a lesson behind it and I'm suppossed to change my ways!! So what I've decided to do for the nest 24 days in Vietnam in to become a Vegitarian. Especially while I'm in small villages like Kontum. One trip to the local out door street market where everyone in town buys their pig/beef/fish etc would make you feel the same way! I dove into the cuisine here Mutza first...trying everything I set her Paws on. And sadly enough if Mutza were here on this trip I would not be coming home to a show to shoot with her because she would have been eaten! Yes, Dog is a fine food here enjoyed by all. Enough on that topic!!

Today I enjoyed a hot shave at the Hot Toc on my ride to the Orphanage...I was looking a little scruffy! The Barber even tended to my nostrals, ear hairs, and pesky hairs between my brows for 40,000 dongs which is the equivalent of $2.22 USD I loved the experience! Then it was back on my motor bike and off to teach my 10am English class....soo much fun ! I'm not the best speller and my grammor sometimes is not its best but this is only the basics I'm teaching every day for 1.5 hours. I've come up with a really fun way of teaching and the kids love all the antics. The WK Chefs hat get passed around with every right answer a student puts it on. I draw pictures on the chalk board, they guess what it is in English and then we spell and sound each letter out. I do the same with other countries etc...and with songs...They know the Woodie's Kitchen theme song too.

After class, I helped prepare a lovely lunch of Pork, Asian greens and of course Rice. I sat with the younger kids as they ate and if they like the lunch they all scream : "Yum-digity-dum" a tag line of the WK show! Turning them into little Woodie Wade's! :-)

After lunch I rode to a local village and watched men and women working ever so hard in a Sugar Cane farm. It's amazing how primative and simple their way of harvesting the sugar cane is. Watching men and women carrying it in a sling on their backs like they are the Engine that could!!! Its very humbling to say the least! Also lots of chatter and smiles to me while I was documenting this! lots of Hello...Hello!

So now me and my still so tender tummy are on our way back to prepare dinner. I have no idea what the menu is, and I plan on having some cheese, bread and soup for dinner.

Til next time....Keep clapping and stay happy!

love,
Woodie Wade of Woodie's Kitchen

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!! You are making me laugh! That Mutza line was the best. ANd I love that photo you sent me of yourself on the motorbike, it looks like your going to rob a bank. Well the kids sure are getting their share of you, while poor Osa and I go without. Just kidding, we're happy to share you, and Osa and I are doing just fine... kinda, sorta. BACK OFF OSA! She was trying to get her paws on the keyboard to tell you how it really is.
    We're happy for ya! Keep bloging!!!

    ReplyDelete