Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 1 in Ho Chi Minh City

I'm posting off of my iPhone so please excuse my spelling. I had a rather sublime 1st day in Ho Chi Minh City! Woke up rather wrecked from the long journey to get here! My highlight of today was eating lunch outside a typical lunch box... I went to where the locals eat! Under a tarp while it poured rain/thundered with lightening with the locals on their lunch break! Sat on a little plastic stool & spoke with a young girl named Vi who worked as a receptionist at a dental office asking me if I was a Christian. I said Yes and she proseeded to pray with me while we gave thanks for our noodles & fresh squeezed orange drink! After lunch we said our good byes and the sky opened up with such a storm of rain and lightning! I tried not to get wet on my walk back to my hotel but then decided it was meant for the rain to hit me! I walked in one of the best baths Ive had in a long time with many native on lookers laughing & smiling at my decision to let the Rain be my friend! I owned the moment & will not forget it for a long time! :-). Here's to staying in the moment and always knowing your always at the right place at the right time with No Mistakes! Til tomorrow my friends & family Bloggers! Oxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment